Staking should begin automatically under most circumstances, but if you are experiencing issues check that the following conditions are met:
- Chain must be synced, not importing or reindexing
- Chain tip’s timestamp must be past a certain time (was many many months ago)
- Must have active connections
- Wallet must be unlocked (unencrypted wallets are always considered unlocked)
- Must have mintable coins (aka, at least 101 confirmations - confirmations can be checked by mousing-over transactions)
- Must have more coins than reserve balance (reservebalance default is 0)
- Masternode additional data must be synced
You can check the status of these conditions in the command-line interface or using Tools -> Debug Console with the command getstakingstatus
Staking can sometimes take up to 30 minutes to begin working even after conditions are met. If all conditions are met but staking does not begin after some hours, restart the wallet.
How to Unlock wallet for Staking:
1) Click Settings menu --> "Unlock wallet". If you did not set before a Passprahse to protect your wallet, is highly recomended you do it now. (How to password protect Wallet )
2) Enter Passphrase.
3) Tick "For Anonymization, automint and staking only" . It is recommended that you uncheck and deactivate "Automint" from the options menu as otherwise it will mint LAX when wallet is unlocked ( How to disable Automint )
4) Click "OK"
How to Unlock wallet from command line:
run the lapo-cli command:
~/lapo-client/bin/lapo-cli walletpassphrase YourPasswordpasshphrase 0 true